City of Hamtramck Recycling Guide
We can all do our part for our city and our planet.
Recycling drop-off days are on the 2nd Saturday of each month.
All items should be dropped off between 9am to 3pm only.
City parking lot, Caniff at McDougall (just east of post office).
Only these listed items are currently acceptable for recycling.
All items should be CLEAN and dry to prevent contamination.
Glass, Metal, and Plastic containers may be mixed together.
GLASS bottles and jars, all colors – please rinse and clean
– labels are acceptable
METAL aluminum and tin cans, lids, tinfoil
– labels are acceptable – please rinse and clean
PLASTIC #1, #2, #4, #5, #7 containers
– all plastic bags must be separated
PAPER magazines, newspapers, paper, junk mail, paperback books, flattened cardboard
– no need to remove stamps, cellophane, plastic tabs, spiral binders, paperclips
– pizza boxes only—please no crusts or soiled liners
– shredded paper must be in separate paper bag
PLEASE KEEP THE FOLLOWING ITEMS SEPARATE:
ASEPTICS containers for liquids such as milk and juices
PLASTIC BAGS all plastic bags
– small packing beads must be separated
rinse and clean all bottles, jars and cans